- This event has passed.
Florida Dance Retreat with Pir Shabda Kahn ~ Nurturing the Inner Life, Caring for the Planet
10/18/2019 @ 7:30 pm - 10/20/2019 @ 3:30 pm$150
Nurturing the Inner Life, Caring for the Planet
Manifesting Strength, Compassion, and Ease
Florida Dance Retreat with Pir Shabda Kahn
Shabda Kahn, a direct disciple of the American Sufi Master, Murshid Samuel Lewis, has been practicing Sufism since 1969 and since 2001, is the Pir (Spiritual Director) of the Sufi Ruhaniat International, the lineage tracing from Hazrat Inayat Khan and Murshid Samuel Lewis. He is also the Spiritual Guide of the Dances of Universal Peace~ worldwide. Shabda has studied and performed North Indian Classical Vocal Music under the guidance of the late Master Singer, Pandit Pran Nath, since 1972. He is also a disciple of the illustrious Tibetan Master, the 12th TaiSitu Rinpoche. The Sufi Message is pure Universal mysticism helping humanity find Limitless Freedom – Happiness, to awaken to our highest Purpose. Through the mysticism of breath, sound, music, dance and attitude, the teachings give us tools to navigate everyday life and make our lives beneficial and full of Joy.
- Community Housing: For those coming from out of town, we have lots of community members who have spare rooms in their houses that will rent them for a very modest amount per night. Please contact us for housing options and details!
- Tenting: Is available behind Rising Tide for a small donation to the center. There is no shower on site, but you can use the Rising Tide bathroom and kitchen during your stay. 10min to the beach!
- AirBnB: There are numerous AirBnB’s in Sarasota. In the past, groups of program participants have gone in together to get a big beautiful beach house… if you know others participating, think about getting a group house for the weekend.
- Best Western Siesta Key: Very close to Rising Tide and to the beach!
- Hibiscus Suites: Very affordable hotel, 5min from the beach, 5min from Rising Tide
Friday October 18th – Sunday October 20th
Friday Dance with Local & Visiting Leaders: 2:30-4:30pm, Hosted by Dianahita Kanoy & Jemila Felisko
Friday Dances, 7:30-9:30pm (Open to the Public)
Saturday Zikr, 7:30-9:30pm
Early Registration: $150 – $250
Sliding Scale After Sept 10th, $180 – $280
Sliding Scale Per day – $120-$160 Sliding Scale
Please note: payment is on a sliding scale — please pay the amount that you are able to consciously pay as an energy exchange in order to support the community and this work in the world, and create a successful event!